In the Name of the Flesh - The Banshee Labyrinth Cinema 11pm

In the Name of the Flesh - The Banshee Labyrinth Cinema 11pm

Postby Ernesto Sarezale » 03 Sep 2010, 19:33

I agree with videojon's comments about the room. The place has its charms but I would not recommend it as a venue for spoken word. Too noisy. Apart from the bands, I also got drunk people shouting at the corridors (especially Thurs-Sat) and disruptive security staff who stormed in the room more than once for no apparent reason (maybe because there was a naked guy on stage?).

The technical setup was far from ideal (and my show relied heavily on video). Every night we had to learn something new.

"In the Name of the Flesh" ran for 11 nights. 6 were well attended (20-30 people), 3 were poorly attended (5 people or so - never less than that), the other 2 had fluctuating numbers (around 10 people). The collection varied from night to night but it was never less than £5. More often than not over £10.

Being the last show on the night had its disadvantages... But there were lots of very special and rewarding moments, with variable but largely warm audience reactions. The last few nights ended in prolonged applause.
Ernesto Sarezale

Re: In the Name of the Flesh - The Banshee Labyrinth Cinema

Postby Ernesto Sarezale » 10 Sep 2010, 16:41

I forgot to mention in my report that my show was mentioned as one of Time Out's Edinburgh Fringe highlights in their Cabaret section, tipped as "provocative nude poetry and witty videos" and classed among acts that "constitute a compelling case for a cabaret scene bursting with talent."
http://www.timeout.com/london/cabaret/a ... highlights
Ernesto Sarezale

Re: In the Name of the Flesh - The Banshee Labyrinth Cinema

Postby Ernesto Sarezale » 29 Nov 2010, 20:50

Further updates on my Edinburgh experience can be read at:
http://ontheflesh.blogspot.com/
Ernesto Sarezale

Return to Banshee Labyrinth - Cinema